WM Shopping Center Management Inc. (“WMSCMI”) may, with your express consent or as may be lawfully allowed under the Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (collectively, the “Data Privacy Act”), collect, process and store personal data about you when you submit a tenant application form and/or supporting documents, contact customer support, respond to a survey, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in our events, apply for a job, or enter into any contract with us (“Services”).
Collection of Personal Data
WMSCMI collects information you provide directly to us, such as when you avail any of our Services or otherwise communicate or interact with WMSCMI.
The following personal data may be collected: your name, age, address, email address, phone number, or other details necessary to provide and/or elevate the quality of your experience with the Services.
Usage and Processing of Personal Data
WMSCMI may use and process the personal data collected about you to allow you to avail of the Services, including the processing of your application , circulation of our newsletter, marketing activities and commercial communications of WMSCMI. At all times, your personal data shall not be used or processed for any purpose that is contrary to law, morals, or public policy.
Sharing of Personal Data
WMSCMI may disclose your information to our third party service providers who provide data processing services to us, such as web hosting and payroll processing. Our third party service providers will only process personal data as needed to perform their functions. WMSCMI may also disclose your personal data as required or permitted by law such as to protect ourselves against liability, to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, warrants, protect legitimate interests, or as otherwise required or necessary in order to comply with the relevant laws.
Storage and Protection of personal Data
WMSCMI has instituted policies and procedures which intend to protect personal data which it has collected and continues to collect. These include securing any document containing personal data, requiring the execution of non-disclosure agreements by our employees, consultants, vendors, suppliers and contractors, among others.
Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the personal data confidential.
While there will always be a risk of unauthorized disclosure of personal data, WMSCMI believes that the foregoing safeguards are sufficient to prevent the occurrence of such risk and is committed to updating and improving such safeguards in order to protect your personal data in compliance with the Data Privacy Act.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
While we employ all necessary precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot warrant 100% cybersecurity. WMSCMI encourages you to use the latest version of web browsers. The most important reason to keep your browser up-to-date is for your own safety and security. Updated web browsers are normally equipped with security features that provide anti-phishing protection, improved parental controls and tools to prevent malware and other privacy threats.
Rights of Data Subject
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You will be given an option or opportunity to withhold your consent to the processing of your personal data whenever WMSCMI communicates with you or by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to have reasonable access to your personal data by notifying our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to rectify or correct any inaccuracy or error in your personal data by submitting your request for rectification or correction to our Data Protection Officer;
- You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act. Please notify our Data Protection Officer if you wish to exercise this right;
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in an electronic or structured format if the same is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format by submitting your request to our Data Protection Officer; and
- You have the right to be indemnified if you incur damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.
- Title/Designation: Data Protection Officer
- Address: Walter Mart Building, 8001-A North EDSA, Veterans Village Quezon City, Philippines
- Telephone Number: (02) 8981-0000
- Email Address: email@example.com